25 April 2008

On the relativity of awesomeness in Bolivia

As some of you now know, we found ourselves an apartment in La Paz - moving in tuesday. I have not shied away from calling the place "awesome" on Facebook, but now that I have some pictures to post, I feel I should explain the relativity of awesomeness while in Bolivia. You see, while looking around I saw an apartment that had no space for a fridge and stove in the kitchen and was located above the garage of an old lady with tiny barking dogs and a life-time supply of junk. Or a nice apartment but with tiny bedrooms and wall to wall brown carpeting - no furnitures at all - for the same price I will now pay for our apartment. The awesomeness of the apartment lies in the fact that the kitchen sink pours hot and cold water from the same tap, that all 3 bedrooms are good sizes, that it includes some furniture, and that it is located by a really nice plaza in the neighborhood we like, in a really fancy secure building on the 16th floor with an amazing view of La Paz. Views like this:
and this:
Now the inside is a little funny looking. Comfortable but not quite up to my decor standard. For my québécois friends who have seen the movie Québec-Montréal, I present to you our "beautiful" chamoiré wall which fits perfectly well with the chamoiré kitchen table!
and for a final photo, here is the living room area within the same room as the chamoiré wall:
That's it for now! I will post pictures once we've moved in and made the place look a little more homelike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

c'est pas si pire!!! ça l'air ensoleillé!

Anonymous said...

Il semble faire un temps superbe

Anonymous said...

3 chambres à coucher! de la place en masse pour la visite! Est-ce que c'est au 16e étage parce que La Paz était pas encore assez haut en altitude? ;-)

Magnifique la vue!