14 June 2008

@*!?&?!!!&/"@**!

It snowed wednesday. Enough said.







Ok, I'll say more. It snowed and it was cold and wet while it was hot in Quebec and Georgia. On other days, life in Tiwanaku isn't too bad. It's fine, just the same old. We started excavating so there is more action. The food is still delicious. And the weather, when it doesn't freaking snow, is hot during the day and freezes at night. Usual again. Wes and I had to stay for 10 days in Tiwanaku and I was pretty ready to go back home to La Paz. Although I don't want to sound too whiny, I like Tiwanaku. I just also like showering in warm environments, wearing nice clothes, and having access to the internet. Not that I had any comments to read on my blog, *hint hint*.

Oh, visa-wise, everything should be fine this week. Technically, last time I went to immigration I gave them a new letter and they approved it and said our visas would be ready on June 17th. We'll just see if it's ready in time. Actually, we will most likely give them a few days extra just to play on the safe side.

As for funny stories, I guess we have two, although they are not quite hilarious... Yesterday Wes, Giles, Randi and I went to the house of one of our worker during lunch break because she wanted to show us the different artifacts she's found around Tiwanaku through the years. She had actually pretty neat stuff. Anyways, funny part of the story is when we left her house, as she closed the door she realised she had left her keys on the table inside, and she lives alone and that's her only set of keys. So she asked Wes to jump over a wall into a vacant lot, then climb up the wall to her house, slide on the roof and drop into her patio where the keys were. It was so high that Giles had to go in too to help him up. Also, once Wes was on the roof she was yelling at him to say "Chocolate" which is the name of her dog so the dog wouldn't attack poor Wes... It was a funny sight to see, Wes already scared he was going to just go through the flimsy plastic roof she had, trying to sweet talk Chocolate in spanish and then just slide out of view. He did save the day.

The same day, I found the old clothing bag of a friend that wont be coming to Bolivia for a while, and she had donated the content of the bag to me. In it was everything you need to dress like a cholita (see pictures in last post) except for the hat. I decided to try the things on while I was still working at the lab. I am the sort of grand supervisor of the lab so I have to walk outside a lot to go talk with our workers (people that wash artifacts and number them). So I decided to just go out of the lab casually, as if I'm not suddenly dressed as a cholita. Needless to say, the workers thought that was one of the most hilarious thing they had seen. I kept the outfit on for a while, creating lots of look of surprise. Wes didn't seem really enthusiastic about the outfit... But I did have to pose for a number of pictures. As soon as someone gives me one I'll post it. No, I have no shame.

I believe that's it for now. We're good, healthy, happy, a bit cold but that's to be expected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I would like to hear (read) the story from the "inside". Wes, what happened in the patio with Chocolate? Was it friendly?
Juste de visualiser la scène c'était assez pour éclater de rire, Clo.

Anonymous said...

so???
where are the picts of you're cholita???

C n' W Blog Factory said...

As I sat on the thin, sheet metal roof, the Señora who sent me inside reminded me that I should try and calm her dog down. Prior to jumping down about 3 or 4 meters, I had to call to Chocolate and tell her that it was all right and that she should be calm. It really didn't matter, apparently. Chocolate was happy as a clam and wagged her tail and trotted right over to me as if nothing was wrong with me leaping off her roof and then opening her door from the inside. Not much of a guard dog, but still very sweet!